About: Sundown Audio LCS-12 v2 Dual 4 - 300 Watts RMS
Since their introduction in 2017 the Sundown LCS series woofers have been known for their impressive bass response and high levels of dependability. Typical entry level woofers are highly limited in terms of linear excursion, mechanical ruggedness, and thermal performance – these are all aspects that we have taken to the next level in the Sundown LCS series.
A double stacked magnet structure and an extremely long voice coil allow us to achieve a class-leading linear x-max of 14mm one-way in addition to high mechanical clearances (over 2” peak-to-peak). The large coil combined with gap venting, chamfered pole-piece design, and optimized pole vent give the LCS Series impressive thermal performance. Mechanical stability and durability are addressed via the strong paper cone, rugged foam surround, and a high quality spider with fully tied-on tinsel leads. All major areas of woofer durability have been addressed to the maximum level possible in this category.
Bottom-line; if you are looking for a great subwoofer option and you have a tight budget the Sundown LCS Series woofers are for you. These woofers have absolutely no frills – simply raw performance for the dollar.Key Improvements
- New basket similar to SAv2
- Spring loaded terminals
- New optimized motor for better woofer excursion
- Rubber mounting gasket
- Mounting Depth - 6 7/8"
- Xmax = 14mm one-way by 70% BL
- RMS Power = 300-watts
- Vented magnetic gap
- Vented Pole piece with chamfered edges for increased air powered voice coil cooling
- Black Aluminum 2” voice coil former for superior heat dissipation
- High Temperature 4-Layer copper voice coil wire
- Stitched-On Round Tinsel Leads to prevent fatigue and failure
- High strength stamped steel frame
- Optimized for small, ported enclosures
- Sealed Enclosure: 1.0 cu ft
- Ported Enclosure: 1.75 cu ft
- Recommended Tuning: 35Hz
- Recommended Port Area: 26 sq in
|T/S SPECS||LCS-12 D4|
|Sens (dB @ 1w/1m)||87.4|