About: Sundown Audio SA-12 v.2 SA Series Subwoofer
The Sundown SA series upgraded every part that ever failed for any reason for the all-new v2. The result is a much more rugged woofer that will work in basically the same enclosure sizes as the old SA series while also providing less distortion over a broader mechanical excursion window. They will carry a full 1000-watt RMS rating.
- Ported Box Suggestions: 1.75 ft^3 tuned to 35 Hz // F3 of ~29 Hz
- Magnet outer diameter increased from 180mm to 190mm
- Magnet slugs increased from 25mm to 27mm in height (total 4mm more height)
- Motor structure fully bolted together with 3x M6 bolts (eliminates the possibility of motor shifting)
- Top-Plate "Slits" implemented as with the X and Z series. Increased cooling & reduced distortion.
- Improved gap venting -- more / flared gap vents.
- Improve pole-vent design -- smoothly flared on both sides.
- Coil increased from 63.5mm (2.5") to 70mm (2.75") in diameter. Higher thermal capacity.
- New "U series" style cast-aluminum frame for taller cones (more x-mech both top-side from cone to spider and bottom from spider to top plate)
- Aluminum cast gasket to bolt-on surround.
- Aluminum cast vent ring to enhance thermal transfer from motor to the frame.
- Standard with double "XL" leads and "bolted-on" spider
- Larger and thicker surround (same tooling as U series).
- Strongest paper cones we have ever produced... new two-piece mold technique that we will expand to other cones in the future.
- "Large Flange" dust cap just like our larger woofers. Essentially eliminates dust-cap glue failure.
- Larger spider diameter on the 12/15" models (the 10" retains the same 188mm spider)... 12" up to ~200mm and 15" up to ~210mm
- Improved spider material -- same "hybrid" material sandwich that we implemented on the Rev.4 of the X & Z series spiders (as well as X-8 v3)